I have tom coopers book somewhere around in a box so need to dig it out and have a flick through as well as some in depth browsing.
Iran is reported to have had 447 functional combat aircraft on 21 Sep 1980 however trusty wikipedia currently lists the following 473 aircraft plus J-7s.......plus RF-4Es.....
Iran operated from 10 Airbases:
- Ahvaz (not sure if this is correct)
- TFB.1 Merhabad (Tehran) F-4E
- TFB.2 Tabriz - F-5E
- TFB.3 Hamaden - F-4E (also known as Shahid Nojeh)
- TFB.4 Vahdati (Also Known as Dezful)
- TFB.6 Bushehr
- TFB.7 Shiraz - F-14A (also known as Tor?)
- TFB.8 Isfahan - F-14A (also known as Khatami?)
- TFB.9 Bandar Abbas
- TFB.10 Cha Bahar
- To Follow ?
- al-Hurriyah Su-20, Su-22M, Su-22MR & MiG-21MF
- al-Rashid MiG-21PFM, MiG-21bis & MiG-21RF,
- al-Habbaniyah Tu-16 & Tu-22, MiG-23MS (also known as Tahmmouz) MiG-25 units reported ?
- al-Kut Su-7 & MiG-23BN (also known as al-Jarrah)
- Nasiriyah MiG23MF & MiG-23BN
- MiG-21MF & Su-22M
- 24 MiG-25R/RB/RBShs, 12 MiG-21MFs and at least eight MiG-23MLA (Reported as Soviet Aircraft)
- H3 Complex MiG-21bis/MF & MiG-23MF
- Mosul MiG-21MF