Monday 20 April 2015

Downtown - D3(A) - USN Planning Oriskany (2)

The Bombing and Recon timings now work with the photo bird entering 9 turns after the bombers. This lets it go to 'burner for the run over the target.

The Pre-raid jamming is the problem child now. The EA-1F has a fixed jamming arc and is slow and I don't know how far I want to run them. I need to be able to cover the bombers when they enter as it is likely that the other Haiphong SAM battery will go active when the SEAD goes Feet Dry.  I then still need to cover the run in and then the egress. So my idea is the Jammers on Turn 1, SEAD on Turn 2, Bombers on Turn 6 and Recon on Turn 15.

As I now wargame my plan :) I will just put a small 4 x 2 table together just to check the ingress timings and the possible SAM activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment