Monday 2 May 2016

Ambush in the Bekaa Valley - 1982 Arab Israeli - Initial thoughts

Getting the Israeli armour painted has continued well so I couldn't resist getting the toys out on the table.  Question is what rule set...I have AA/FOF, TW&T and a host of others. In the end I wanted something quick which didn't take a lot of setting up, or thought so went back to Ambush Alley/Force on Force.  Not everyone's' cup of tea but I like them, well at least I like Ambush Alley.....

So how to play out my 1982 games using these rules as a base?  I like to tinker with things and actually do enjoy putting some thought to my games.

The size of the game needs to cover my desire to have mechanised forces on the table as well as capture the closeness of the fighting in a mix of both rural and urban environments.  I had gone a way to setting up a basic platoon force (allowing for either an Armoured Platoon or Mech Infantry) with various attachments. AA/FOF has this ability as well as also creating random events and effects which could be tailored specifically.  So keeping the platoon as the basic force element would work and creating some asset and fog of war cards would then follow and would reflect what I actually have in my collection.  Table size would be variable and go from the small 2' x 2' close range engagements up to larger games on a 4' x 3' and everything in between.

So the rough force structures would be as follows:

Sayeret
TQ D10
Morale D10
High Confidence

Paratroops/Golani
TQ D8
Morale D10
High Confidence

Regular Troops
TQ D8
Morale D8
High Confidence

Reservists
TQ D8
Morale D8
Confident

PLO/Syrian
TQ D6 - D8
Morale D6 - D8
Low Confidence - Confident

No comments:

Post a Comment