Sunday 31 January 2021

Kiss Me Hardy - First time past the headland

So I threw two brigs on the table.  Took KMH, the companion guide for small ships "To Covet Glory", The AGC Movement wheel and table for controlling an AI Ship and some dice.


All laid out ready to go.  This is a 4' 6" x 2' board which I only really used 3'x2' of for this engagement

I had some small playing cards, which were quickly pressed into service



The turning circles were printed on paper rather than card. This let me bend or fold them out of the way when ships were in close proximty
The small ships companion makes small ship v small ship more viable.  Damage was constantly being added. A couple of of errors made, but an enjoyable game

The AI can very aggressive. "Blue" in in a position to deliver a bow rake, if timing is right and they reload quick enough.


One thing that I found was the need to read the narrative in some of the rules a little more as nested strings of rules aren't necessarily that clear (to me anyway)


No comments:

Post a Comment