Saturday 18 July 2020

Crete 1941 - Peter Pig Early War Fallschirmjager

So with the reconfiguration of the house nearly complete it means I can gradually get back into BG and all things modelling.

The new FJ from Peter Pig came through the door the other day.  They are a joy to paint and I love the detail Martin has put on these.  The rolled up sleeves is a nice touch for Crete 1941. This is a 6 man rifle element for BG with a MP38 armed NCO.  Smocks are all Grey Green with Field Grey trousers. I did one helmet in a green as the use of "apple green" helmets did still happen.  I not on a lot of the photos that an attempt at camouflaging the surface had started to happen but at this scale I am not sure I can pull it off.

The only things I am not a fan of with these figures is the size of the boots. I might try some miliput to hide the height on a couple and see how that goes.








No comments:

Post a Comment